Skip to main content

My 2016 woman

To be a woman who can do great things you need to be happy..
Minus happiness what takes over you is sadness, boredom, bad mood, hatred n etc etc which blind your focus.
Most of us believe that happiness is when we have this and that, when we have someone else apart from us to make us happy and that without em then there is no happiness.

I love the idea of "positive thinking" but to be honest, most of the "think yourself positive" tactics just don't work on me all the time..I am very impatient at times and I just want things to happen "pap" but well the idea is "always stay positive"

As it turns out, studies have shown that the brain can be trained to be happy (ha!ha don't ask me for reference)
Here is part of what my 2016 woman can do to be happy!!

1. Let go!.Did you know that being ignored triggers the same area of the brain as physical pain or that looking at photos of your ex lights up the same areas associated with craving and addiction? In laymen's terms, stalking your ex's Facebook feed is not going to do much for your "moving on" process None of us want to admit that we "crave" or feel "addicted" to someone who no longer wants to be with us but, but it happens.

When something or someone we wanted so badly starts to slip away, some of us are able to respectfully release while others simply tighten their grip. The latter never works; begging doesn't look good on anyone. Bottom Line: If you’re not being welcomed into someone’s home, heart or office space (and respected and appreciated while there) it’s best to stop knocking and go back into your own happy space.

2. Change your tune.
A study performed by experts at The University of Missouri found that listening to uplifting music can bring about a sense of happiness,
Go for funny songs like Psy-daddy"etc..and don't dwell on Adele's "hello"-wink!

3. Assume the best in people. If my friend delayed or never respond to a text makes me feel so bad sometimes thinking that our friendship had ended for reasons that I was unaware of and I would never get a chance to explain myself. Many unnecessary panic attacks later, I realized that not every missed call means someone is avoiding you and that terse look from your co-worker? It's probably not because you didn't fill up the paper in the printer.

Yes, there are selfish and manipulative people out there but spending your life looking around for slights and insults is a one-way ticket to misery. Worse, it can make you flash your cray too often and cause problems!
Give a benefit of a doubt(kind of still working on this area myself)

4. Find the present in your history but make room for the new. There’s a good chance that whatever I'm facing now, I've faced in the past and things turned out just fine. My past shows me that nothing can break me ... except me. Unfortunately, going back into the past without a clear understanding as to why I'm going there (and what I'm looking for) can turn out the same way as mindlessly walking into my attic, opening every box and then looking at my watch, wondering where the hell the day went.

And guess what? Some people look at their watch and wonder the same thing about their entire life. Don't be that someone. Focus on the present. If I find myself wasting time on things I know I shouldn't be wasting time on, I distract myself and call the girlfriend who will make me laugh or remind me why I'm so lucky to have moved on.

5. Be proactive. The more I reach out, read up, and walk forward, the more aware of opportunities and possibilities I become. Before I know it, I'm living in a world of options and opportunity instead of simply choosing the "lesser of two evils" as so many feel they do. Don't believe me? Reach out to five people today and ask them all to get together to do something. Meet one for drinks, one to hit a museum, one for dinner and so on. Get back to me in two weeks.

6. There are not bears behind every tree. Maybe it’s because our ancestors had to worry about wild animals chasing them into their caves or some hot young thing in a bearskin skirt causing a ruckus in the tribe, but so many of us equate the unknown with something negative. Quite frankly, that’s a shame.

Not only does this way of thinking keep us from making changes and making introductions that could literally change the directions of our lives, but it also makes us boring to those around us. Whenever I find myself fearful of the future, I ask, "What if what I don’t know is how wonderful my life can actually be?"
I also rely on God's promise in Jeremiah 29:11..

7. Always remember to count on your blessings!!name them one by one..There's something about being grateful that just shifts your focus, even for a moment, and you realize how blessed u are..

8. Be a realist. Focus on acceptance, the more I understand just how incredibly simple life can be when we stop complicating everything with wishes and expectations.

Whether I'm dealing with a job loss, a break-up or something far more serious, accepting that I am where I am instead of focusing on where I was (or beating myself up for how long I stayed there) is the first step in moving me forward.

9. Don’t just seek positivity & perspective - bring it! They say that misery loves company but personally I like to be surrounded by smart, strong and happy people when I'm feeling low (and also when I'm not). I avoid those who are dismissive of my concerns and tell me "it could be worse" and "don't feel that way."

I seek people who lift my spirits, validate my feelings and remind me that I can change my situation. I love that my friends and I treat unhappiness as an infection to clear up, rather than a chronic, untreatable disease. There's freedom in accountability and knowing that we choose what we deal (and don’t deal) with.

10. Make better choices. This one is the big one. Being a victim allows you to be lazy. If it's not your fault, then you don’t have to do any work, right? FALSE. Just because someone else made bad choices that left you down for the count doesn’t mean that you have the greenlight to throw your own personal pity party. Also, when you choose to engage with someone after they show you who they are or you choose not to create boundaries or listen to your gut, that decision is on YOU.

At the end of the day, you are the person who is responsible for creating a space and a life you love, so if you’re constantly stressed out or feeling as though you’re not where you want to be, the change you seek can only be found in the choices you make..

Do the things you love..( like me i like taking pictures so much) more in 2016 than any other year...
work on your happiness first before anything..remember a happy soul always sees more and does more..

To continue....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW YEAR, NEW MIND

Its 2018. Am grateful to God for allowing me and my family, friends to see this year. 2017, was quite a long, challenging year for me, my mind was a battlefield that hosted the many wars that were in me, i felt helpless most of the time and it was as if everything was not working out. But at the end of the year, i was constantly telling myself that i needed to step in 2018 with a changed mind, changed attitude towards everything that has been battling in my mind, changed view of how i see life, changed mind on how i see myself and life generally. I just wanted to take control of my mind, and every situation that i can possibly control and the hardest i leave them to God. Now a new year, does not necessary make everything new, nor does the movement of the clock produce the newness of life , it is the movement in your mind that gives newness to life. Our biggest enemy we have in our lives is 'ourselves', in what we think, in what we have in our minds, and unless we take

The" Pambana na Hali yako "

Pambana na hali yako is one of the swahili phrase trending in Tanzania. In English one would translate it as " cope with your situation" but in my own translation i would  say "be brave to fight your life battles'' i am one among the people that have been using it so much, and just recently i watched a certain comic video by one of the famous Tanzanian comedian called "Mpoki"' . It made me sit down and  think for the first time, what does "pambana na hali yako" really means to an individual?to me? Well i got five thoughtful things It means that one must be willing to endure, persist and solve the puzzles that life gives him/her, one must manage everything that life throws at them. One must stay strong for him/her self and for the people that depend on him/her given any hardship, challenge.  One must be hopeful as long as s/he is still breathing. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how long it takes.

The Meaning behind Emojis

i love using emojis when chatting. sometimes you dont have to type how you feel or want to express in words an emoji can do that for you. i like texting more than speaking, because i can express myself well in writting than when i speak. So most of us use emojis, but we sometimes wrongfully use their interpretations to what they actually mean. So i took the trouble to find out the meaning of every emoji the common ones and i will be sharing them here with you so that you can be conscious enough not to mix and mess up conversations.